Electricity risks insurance
What is covered?
Electricity risk insurance is an insurance product specially developed for Elektrum's corporate customers in cooperation with If Kindlustus. The insurance protects the companies and their tenants against damages caused by lightning, overvoltage, undervoltage, overload or short circuit to their electrical appliances.
Where is insurance applicable?
Electricity risks insurance is applicable at the company’s and its tenant’s place of business which is subject to an electricity sales contract signed with Elektrum, which includes insurance cover.
What are the insurance risks?
· lightning strike
· sudden and unexpected overvoltage or undervoltage, overload or short circuit from outside the insurance object
· sudden and unexpected overvoltage or undervoltage, overload or short circuit from outside the insurance object, if it causes damage to another electrical appliance
· work planned by the network operator that caused overvoltage or undervoltage, overload or short circuit
What damages are indemnified?
If the appliance can be repaired, the cost of repair will be indemnified.
If the appliance cannot be repaired, the market value of the appliance will be indemnified, or in the case of PCs, laptops, projectors, copiers, scanners or printers up to 2 years old, the acquisition value of a brand new appliance will be indemnified.
What are the exceptions?
Electricity risks insurance does not compensate for damages that were caused due to:
· deliberate action
· incorrect installation or use of the appliance
· wear and tear of the appliance, descaling or corrosion of the appliance
· electrical or mechanical failures within the appliance
· use of a non-operational appliance
· use of incomplete or non-standard electrical fuses
· other cases that are defined in the Electricity Risks Insurance Terms and Conditions.
How to report injuries?
Call Elektrum client service +372 711 5555 as soon as possible and report the damage. Read The Electricity Risks Insurance Terms and Conditions here to get more information about the insurance product.